Saturday, August 9, 2008


It has been a while I know, my apologies. Been just a little too busy for any leisure writing, so I figure I am overdue for an update. After my last upgrade I decided It was time to match up the lighting therefore my motorcycle now sports a new set of bullet LED lights on the front as well. I also picked up a great looking set of leather grip covers off eBay. I am happy with both purchases, but here is the real “meat and potatoes” of my recent modifications. A brand new set of gloss black “Phat Risers” purchased for 104.95 plus shipping, from Scootworks.com. There are three options available, 4, 5.5, and 8 inches. To prevent any cable changes I opted for the 4 inch with the 1.5-inch pullback, which translates to a grip point that is 2 inches closer. What a difference! Longer rides are now pain free, no shoulder cramps or muscle tension at all. Not to mention, these things are built to last. Each riser weighs in at a hefty 2 pounds. Yes...2 POUNDS, for a grand total of 4 pounds of heavy metal. I am talking about class meets strength, Chuck Norris style. Sporting a gloss black shine comparable to most paint jobs, and the durability to withstand time, this is arguably one of the best mods yet. Well, I’m going to take advantage of some of this free time, beautiful weather, and new comfort by going for a ride. I will keep you posted, until then, ride safe. (By the way, I removed the shield for the picture, giving you a better look at the new “PhatRisers”.)

No comments: