Monday, February 22, 2010








I'm back with a few more parts toward the expected mods in the future of my bike. The triple trees have arrived. They came with spacers and a new axle due to the extra width of this particular set of trees. I believe they will also be slightly taller than the stock trees meaning, the previously mentioned tube covers might not work. Another concern I have is that the axle nut looks considerably larger than the one currently on the bike. If so, I'm not sure the fork bullets will fit either. I'm hoping for the best. I plan to have the triple trees powdercoated gloss black. Once this is done, I will begin to assemble the front end, and take a look at the tube covers, and fork bullets, to see what can be done to make them work. Another stroke of seemingly bad luck hit concerning the wheel cover, and fork extensions. I decided to order these items from Scootworks due to my previous experience with them. I received a polite email stating there would be a delay and, I could expect shipping to resume during the middle of the next week. Well, one week turned into two so, I sent them an email questioning the whereabouts of my order. Again, a very pleasant reply stating it should be shipped within the next day or, perhaps the beginning of the following week. That following week is now upon us and, no confirmation of shipping yet. I will give it another day or so and check back in. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon. In the meantime, I've started disassembly of the rear end, as well as, a little sanding and painting. I've discoverd Rustoleum black primer, with a few layers of clearcoat, looks very similar to the powdercoated parts I already have. This will be the route I take for the parts I intend to paint. I'd like to keep the glossblack parts all similar in color. I have already changed the mirrors from flat to gloss. I'm currently working on the rear drum. I will update later and let you know how things go with the Scootworks order. Ride safe.....

No comments: