The VStar is such a versatile bike, and relatively inexpensive to modify, providing the option of having a “new” bike anytime you take the notion to get creative. If you haven’t guessed yet, I’ve decided on a few changes again. It just hit out of the blue one day while perusing through the treasure trove of parts on Ebay. I found a deal on a new set of bars that I just couldn’t pass up. I’ve always liked the looks of apehangers, but didn’t like the price for the ones that I found most appealing to my unusual taste. Call it fate, or accident, but I found a set of 13”apes that I feel will be perfect for my bike. For this change, I didn’t want to go overboard, or too high, so I decided to swap out the risers as well. I found a 2.5 inch round black riser that will work well with the new bars, while not being too outlandishly tall. I’ve mounted the bars, and risers, but still have a couple of loose ends, literally. I’m addressing cable, brake, and wiring issues, and will hopefully find a resolve this week. I’m contemplating moving the start switch away from the bars to another place on the bike. For the rest of the wiring, I’ve removed the neck covers and un-wrapped the bulk of it from around the neck, providing a little more length, and enough for the bar/riser combo. I’m currently speaking with a local guy to have the cables, and possibly the brake line made here in town. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the extra cost from online shipping charges. I normally like to plan my modifications a little better than this, giving me plenty of time in advance to buy all of the extras that are needed. This time I’m working a little backward. In the end however, I think everything should come together nicely. I will keep you posted with progress, and pictures later. Until then…ride safe.