The latest addition to my V Star includes a jockey shift with a foot clutch, and several other minor little changes. I have been contemplating the shifter change for quite some time, but the idea was never brought to fruition. However, recently while piddling around in the shop, I started working out placement ideas for the shifter. Since I wanted an actual jockey shift handle, it would need to be located just behind me. Using one of the holes from the abandoned passenger peg mounts, and one from the rear plastic engine cover, I came up with a plan. Working from that area, I could bend the shifter to match the curve of the swing arm, and have it come up just to the rear and beside me. For this location, constructing a longer linkage was required. I used the OEM right hand threaded linkage end for the front, but flipped it around facing rearward, and a left handed one for the shifter end. The linkage was threaded accordingly. It is about ¼ longer than I would like, so I may pull it off, cut a few more threads, and shave off that tid bit of excess. Also, it’s not quite a straight shot back, and currently rest on top of the side stand mount. I may work with that later to get a better fit. For the actual shifter, I used a manual bender to add a bit of a curve to a 1/2” round bar and an offset at the top to get around the frame. The shifter looked a little plain at the bottom, so I made a small sickle blade just for a little extra aesthetic appeal. Staying with that concept, I picked up a skull shifter knob from Chromed Hog Accessories on E bay It came with a self threading rubber grommet in the bottom to hold the knob in place. I cut 5/16 threads on the shifter, and threaded the knob on. However, I didn’t feel confident that I wouldn't eventually pull it loose. I ended up drilling a hole through the lower part of the skull, and tapped a matching hole in the shifter rod. I now have it firmly secured with a small M6 x1.00 bolt. The clutch is operated by the former foot shift control. I made a small extension that bolts on to attach the cable. At this point, I’m still trying to think of some ingenious nifty idea for a clutch cable. Currently, I’m using a piece of wire that is twisted back on it self to keep it in place. It’s not permanent, but it will suffice until I can replace it. Swapping out the shifter however, created a domino effect for several other small changes. I completely removed the controls off the bars, and relocated them elsewhere on the bike. The signals and horn are located just under the frame next to the hand shifter, and the high/lo switch is now in the front of the battery cover. The previous location for the starter button by my left foot was not exactly ideal now that the shifter was a clutch pedal. So, I likewise moved it to the right side of the bike. I made a small mount, and bolted it just under the rear corner of the tank much like the choke is on the left side. Last but not least, since that side of the bar was empty with the exception of the grip, I had no where to mount the mirror. I picked up an inexpensive set of mirror mounts, painted them black of course, reversed the sides, flipped them upside down, and changed out both mirrors. Now, the mirrors hang under the bars upside down. I’ve seen this done a time or two on apes, liked the look, and decided to do the same on my bike. That’s it for now. I planned on getting a few pictures up by Halloween since my bike exhibits a dark theme, but I didn’t make it. A day late and a dollar short is the story of my life. It’s a little too cold, and a lot too windy right now for a comfortable bike ride with photos. I’ll try and get a few posted soon. Until then, ride safe.