Thursday, October 13, 2011

Slow Progress





The last remaining stock item on the front of my VStar will soon be no more. The grips I purchased through Ebay have arrived. I was a bit worried at first because the price was so unbelievably low when compared to some of the other name brands I originally considered. Now that they are in my possession, and I have thoroughly given them a good once over, my fears have been laid to rest. I am currently bidding on a set of risers to match, so I’m going to wait and see how that goes before installing the grips. The left grip uses 3 set screws to secure it to the handle bars, while the right will be secured by the throttle housing. They appear to be nice solid grips, and just what I was looking for. I expect to know something about the risers in the next few days, and will keep you informed of the latest additions.
On a side note, I really liked the looks of the UV lights installed along the frame, under the tank, and shining down on the top of the engine. So, I have purchased a few more feet of the UV strand lights to add at various locations around the engine which will hopefully brighten things up. The UV( purple) color isn’t as bright as some of the other available colors so I’m adding the new lights to achieve the same results I’ve seen on other bikes. I should receive the lights around the end of October, or perhaps the first week of November. In the mean time, I will continue to troll through Ebay looking for anything that may spark a creative interest. Until next post…ride safe.

No comments: