Sunday, October 16, 2011
The weather was nice, and I had some spare time on my hands, so the recently purchased grips were beckoning me to install them. The left side went on without a hitch. I'd guess in less than a minute. The right side however decided to be difficult. After adjusting the speedo cables to give me enough slack to work with, the round ends of the cable, the ones inside the throttle housing, just did't want to cooperate. I've removed the grips countless times, but I was always installing the stock grips back on the bike. This time, the grips were markedly different. I was prepared though for any slight issue with the grips being specified for Harley. They were for 1" bars, so I figured it wouldn't be that difficult to adapt over. Really the grips were fine, and fit the house ok, but for some reason, the throttle sleeve pushed the ends so close together that I amost couldn't get them in. After a good bit of wrangling,lots of grumbling, and borrowing an extra set of hands from the wife for good measure, they are on. In the pictures, I still have the leather lever covers on. They seemed a little out of place without the leather grip covers, so I've removed them as well. I'm still awaiting on a few things from Ebay, but I will save that for later. Until then...ride safe.