Saturday, March 20, 2010

VStar Triple Trees




I finally have the new tripletrees from http://www.bikercom.com/ installed. I'm really happy with how this turned out. There will be an adjustment period though, due to the extra length and rake. The price for the triple trees was 415$ plus the additional shipping, as well as powdercoating. This mod was bit time consuming, and you will need an extra set of hands to help hold and line everything up. Overall though, it's not too difficult, and certainly not as much as I previously anticipated. I'm currently trying to decide if I should run fenderless on the front, cut and reshape it, or simply re-install it as is. I will likewise need to re-install the mirrors but, that's not going to take long. Here is a picture of the new, much improved, stance. After I make a decision about the front fender, I'll be back with more pictures. Until then, ride safe....

2 comments:

T said...

Looks great, did you have to change the fork tubes?

James said...

I originally went with 2" extensions, but they were junk and kept leaking. I removed them, and run with the stock length tubes. I've considered going with longer solid tubes later but not sure what length I want to go with.